Emergency Passports

The U.S. Embassy in Malabo can issue temporary passports in emergency cases (loss/theft of an American passport where travel must take place the same day or during the next several days). These passports are limited in validity and cannot be extended. You will need to exchange the limited-validity passport for a full-validity photo-digitized passport upon completion of your emergency travel, through passport facilities in the U.S. or U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad.

The Consular Section can normally issue emergency passports the same day. Unfortunately, emergency passports cannot be issued after-hours, on weekends or holidays.