Adult Passport Renewals

The application may be submitted by the applicant or a third party, as long as the application form has been filled out beforehand and the applicant has personally signed it.

You may use passport renewal form DS-82, if your previous passport:

  • Is a 10-year validity passport (issued after the age of 16).
  • Was issued in the last 15 years.
  • Was issued in the same name you currently use, or if your name was changed recently, you can present the proper documentation as proof of the name change (Certified True Copies of marriage documents or court order).
  • Is not damaged.
  • Is submitted with your application.

If you can answer “yes” to all the previous statements then you can use form DS-82.

To process the above renewal, you will need to present:

  1. Passport application form DS-82 – Please be sure to complete all fields and include your contact telephone number, Social Security number.  The application form must be signed by the applicant.
  2. One 2”x2” (5x5cm) color photograph, full face looking forward, (no plastic photos accepted), taken within the last 6 months with a light, plain background, size as shown above.  Applicants may not wear eyeglasses, sunglasses, hats, hair bands or anything on their heads.
  3. Your most recent passport. Upon issuance of your new passport, we will cancel your old passport in accordance with State Department regulations and return it to you.
  4. Payment of fee: You may pay with cash in CFA or U.S. dollars or U.S. credit card.

If you have any questions, please contact the Consular Section at