The Department of State issues state-of-the-art passports incorporating a photo-digitized image and other enhanced security features to all American citizens, whether they apply in the US or overseas. The Department of State achieves this goal by issuing all full-validity passports at a domestic U.S. passport facility. The processing time to receive a full validity passport from the US issuing facility is approximately two to three weeks. American citizens are encouraged to apply early when renewing expiring passports. In most cases, a full validity passport will be issued for the following lengths of time: Minor under 16 years of age – 5 Year Passports and 16 years of age and older – 10 year Passports.

How to make an appointment: 

Adults/ Minor /CRBA: For an appointment for a U.S. passport or a Certificate of Report of Birth Abroad for a minor under the age of 18 born abroad, please visit the following link:

Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available through the U.S. Department of State’s website, at, or in the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Malabo.

Important: Every American citizen entering/exiting Equatorial Guinea must have a valid U.S. passport to enter/leave the country. A U.S. passport also serves as proof of U.S. citizenship and is commonly accepted as an official identity document.

For more information, see the U.S. Embassy in Malabo website at  or e-mail us at with your questions.