U.S. Citizen Services

Limited US Passport and Consular Services Appointments Available

The U.S. Embassy continues to operate largely via telework. The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea has a limited number of appointments now available for the following services:

  • renew an expired U.S. passport or one which will expire in the next twelve months;
  • report a U.S. passport that has been lost or stolen and apply for a new one;
  • replace a limited validity passport issued as an emergency;
  • apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  • notarize a DS-3053 Statement of Consent for Passport Issuance for a minor US citizen child.


Please visit https://gq.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/ to ensure you are using the correct passport application form and to find the correct forms and fees for your passport application.

If the passport renewal request is for a minor child, BOTH parents must be present with the child for the application.  If both parents are not in Equatorial Guinea please read the requirements on our website at https://gq.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/notaries-public/ before contacting us for an appointment.

DS-3053 Statement of Consent  

The only notarial appointments we are able to accept are for parental consent forms (DS-3053).  Please https://gq.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/notaries-public/. If you need to notarize a DS-3053 to consent to passport issuance for a minor child.  Provide your full name, date of birth, local phone number and the child’s full name in the email.

Consular Report of Birth Abroad 

For applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, please review the eligibility requirements for transmitting your citizenship to your child. These are found on our website: https://gq.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/.

Make the Appointment 

Make an appointment by contacting Malaboconsular@state.gov and provide the following information:

  1. When do you plan to travel to the U.S.?
  2. Are you returning to Equatorial Guinea?  When?
  3. Send a scanned copy of your passport bio page.
  4. Send us a copy of your DS-11 (or) DS-82.
  5. Copy of your DS-3053 Statement of consent if both parents are not present.

Once we receive the above information, we will contact you for the date of your appointment.


U.S. Embassy Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Email address: Malaboconsular@state.gov
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

The United States Embassy in Malabo provides assistance to American citizens in Equatorial Guinea. American citizens can request passports, passport pages, notarize documents, register their children born outside the United States (in Equatorial Guinea), and ask for help in emergency cases.

Non-Emergency American Citizens Services are offered on Mondays. Please visit here to make an appointment.

For emergency assistance, contact the Embassy at (240) 333 095 741, or call the American Citizen Services Emergency Hotline at (240) 555 516 008.

Messages and Alerts

See all Messages and Alerts for U.S. Visitors to Equatorial Guinea.