Trial Expansion of ACS Appointments April-June 2018

The U.S. Embassy in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea informs the public that during the months of April, May, and June, applicants for American Citizen Services will be able to schedule an appointment for services in Malabo on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 am to 11:30 am in addition to Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 pm to 3:30 pm.  This expansion of appointment times is being conducted on a temporary basis to gauge what works best for the U.S. citizens in Malabo.   Please see information below about how to make an appointment and what is needed for a passport renewal.  For more information, visit the U.S. Embassy in Malabo’s website at or email us at with your questions.


For an appointment for a U.S. passport, Certificate of Report of Birth Abroad or a notarial, please visit the following link:

Emergency-Limited Passports: In emergency cases (if your passport is lost /stolen and your trip is within 10 business days), the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Malabo may issue an emergency – limited validity passport which is valid for 1 year.

*** We receive new passports and/or Consular Reports of Birth Abroad by delivery to the embassy.

Passport Book Renewal Application Checklist

To renew a U.S. passport, please make an appointment to come into to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Malabo and bring the following:

  • Completed Application for a U.S. Passport (DS-11) or (DS-82). Print the online application and bring to the Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
  • A U.S. passport current or expired
  • Official identification such as passport, driver’s license, etc.
  • One 2’ x 2’ (passport size) photograph with white background and no glasses
  • Passport fee for children under 16 years of age : $105.00 USD or XFA equivalent
  • Passport fee for first-time applicants over 16 years of age/lost or stolen passport: $135.00 USD or XFA equivalent. Please note: this fee increases to $145.00 USD on April 2, 2018.
  • Passport fee for renewal (age 16 and older): $110.00 USD or XFA equivalent

Note: For services requiring a fee, please note that fee payment may be made in USD or the equivalent in XFA.  U.S. citizens may pay with a credit card. Note: Only U.S. dollar notes printed after 1996 are acceptable.


If the applicant is a minor, the following additional information is required:


  • Original Birth Certificate, Original Certificate of Report of Birth Abroad, or a certified copy of the Certificate of Report  of Birth Abroad
  • A U.S. passport current or expired
  • If both parents are in Equatorial Guinea, they both need to be present,
  • If one parent is not present due to extenuating circumstances: a notarized original Statement of Consent form (DS-3053) from a U.S. notary and a copy of the absent parent’s photo ID with signature(passport or driver’s license etc.) that was shown to the notary.
  • If parents are divorced: an original or certified copy of divorce decree
  • If one parent –or another individual- has sole legal custody: the original or certified copy of the court decree indicating this.
  • If one parent is deceased: an original or certified copy of the death certificate.
  • If guardian is caring for the child: notarized letter(s) from both parents (or from the individual with legal custody of the child) giving permission to obtain a renewal passport. This letter should be notarized by a U.S notary and contain the date, the full name of the child, the names of the parents, the full contact information of the parents (phone numbers, emails, and physical addresses), a statement from the parents regarding authorization for the temporary guardian (mentioned by name) to obtain a passport for the child, signatures of both parents.

 Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available through the U.S. Department of State’s website at, or at the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Malabo.

IMPORTANTEvery U.S. citizen entering/exiting Equatorial Guinea must have a valid U.S. passport to enter/leave the country.  A U.S. passport also serves as proof of U.S. citizenship and is commonly accepted as an official identity document.