The U.S. Embassy in Malabo informs U.S. citizens that the landline phones at the Embassy are currently operational. Emergencies after hours regarding U.S. citizens should be directed to the duty cell phone number at +240 555 516 008.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Equatorial Guinea Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Malabo located on the Malabo II highway, between the headquarters of Sonagas and the United Nations. Regular business hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The emergency number for the U.S. Embassy is +240 555 516 008.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.