Location: Equatorial Guinea
Event: The Equatorial Guinea Ministry of Public Health has confirmed eleven cases of COVID-19 in Equatorial Guinea.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Equatorial Guinea after the closure of the international airport.
The Department of State is currently not organizing an evacuation of American citizens from Equatorial Guinea. However, in the event that opportunity becomes available, we are asking you to let us know now if you are interested in being contacted. If flights become available and you choose not to accept the flights, we will not be able to guarantee any future flights.
Please send an email to MalaboConsualr@state.gov with the subject line “Return Travel to the U.S.” Please include the following information for each U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident guardian accompanying minor children in your family or group:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
- Current location
- Desired onward destination in the U.S.
We will contact you if a repatriation flight is being arranged and provide you with logistical information, including its cost per seat. It is important to note that these seats are traditionally offered at-charge on a first-come, first-serve basis to U.S. citizens and, space permitting, for qualifying non-citizen dependents. Private American citizens seeking to depart are required to sign a promissory note and will be billed at a later date for the cost of the flight.
Interested parties should verify that their passports and other documentation are current and valid for at least six months from today’s date. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://gq.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy COVID-19-information for information on conditions in Equatorial Guinea
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the website of the government of Equatorial Guinea for updated information on COVID-19.
- Visit the government’s website for additional information on new measures.
- U.S. Embassy Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Carretera Malabo II (between the headquarters of Sonagas and the offices of the United Nations)
Malabo, Guinea Ecuatorial
+240 333 095 741
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Equatorial Guinea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter