Location: Equatorial Guinea
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
U.S. citizens wishing to depart Equatorial Guinea currently have limited options via commercial air. Per decree number 151/2021, all commercial flights will be cancelled from December 6 – January 2, 2022. (Full Decree) As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to read our webpage on What the Department of State Can and Can’t do in a Crisis.
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Local airport info below:
|Air France||N/A||+240 333 094 email@example.com|
|Lufthansa Airline||www.lufthansa.com||+240 333 092 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asky Airlines||N/A||+240 555 816 email@example.com|
Actions to Take:
Check with airlines and transit destinations countries for how COVID testing, and vaccine requirements might impact travel.
For assistance and information:
- Ministry of Health and Social Welfare COVID-19 hotlines 1111 (Malabo) and 1112 (Bata)
- U.S. Embassy Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Carretera Malabo II (between the headquarters of Sonagas and the offices of the United Nations)
Malabo, Guinea Equatorial.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- (+240) 333 095 741 firstname.lastname@example.org https://gq.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 Equatorial Guinea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- COVID-19 Traveler Information page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Country Information and Travel Advisory page for Equatorial Guinea’s country information page.
- Visit our Embassy COVID-19-information for information on conditions in Equatorial Guinea
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the website of the government of Equatorial Guinea for updated information on COVID-19.
- Visit Equatorial Guinea’s government’s website for additional information.
- Visit Equatorial Guinea’s Ministry of Health website for latest information on COVID-19