Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Malabo, Equatorial Guinea – May 21, 2020
Event: The Equatorial Guinea Ministry of Public Health has 903 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 10 deaths in Equatorial Guinea, including community transmission on the mainland and on Bioko Island. The World Health Organization reports 167 recoveries. All containment measures issued by the Government of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea remain in effect until further notice. (FULL TEXT)
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. The Department of State is currently not organizing an evacuation of American citizens from Equatorial Guinea following the May 8 flight.
Members of the public are advised to consider whether non-essential medical treatment can be deferred given possibility of infection in hospitals and clinics
The CDC recommends the use of a cloth face covering to keep people who are infected but do not have symptoms from spreading COVID-19 to others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing. The CDC continues to recommend that people try to maintain about 6 feet between themselves and others. For further information on COVID-19 and precautionary measures, please visit the links below.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy COVID-19-information for information on conditions in Equatorial Guinea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the website of the the government of Equatorial Guinea for updated information on COVID-19.
- Visit Equatorial Guinea’s government’s website for additional information on new measures.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
For additional assistance, please contact:
U.S. Embassy/Consulate Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Carretera Malabo II, (between the headquarters of Sonagas and the offices of the United Nations) Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
(+240) 333 09 57 41 firstname.lastname@example.org https://gq.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 Equatorial Guinea Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter