Event: Exploring possibility of repatriation flight from Equatorial Guinea to the United States
We are currently working with neighboring posts and the U.S. Department of State to explore commercial airline charter options to assist American citizens who would like to leave Equatorial Guinea and return to the United States during the first two weeks of May.
American citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents should register their interest in returning to the United States, if they have not already done so, by sending the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Return Travel to the U.S.” Please include the following information for each U.S. citizen, U.S. legal permanent resident, non-citizen guardians accompanying minor children in your family or group, and non-citizens:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Country Visa type, Number, and Expiration Date (non-U.S. citizens only)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
- Current location
- Desired onward destination in the U.S.
- Medical issues
Individuals entering the United States may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S and travel.state.gov.
Onward travel from site of landing in the United States is the responsibility of the traveler.
U.S. citizens without a valid U.S. passport who wish to depart Equatorial Guinea should send the above information using the information of their most recent expired passport. Please indicate that the passport is expired. You will be contacted with information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy COVID-19-information for information on conditions in Equatorial Guinea
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the website of the government of Equatorial Guinea for updated information on COVID-19.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. Embassy/Consulate Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Carretera Malabo II, (between the headquarters of
Sonagas and the offices of the United Nations)
(+240) 333 09 57 41
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Equatorial Guinea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter