The U.S. Embassy is pleased to inform you that the Humphrey application is open until August 09, 2019. Each year approximately 200 Fellows funded by the U.S. Department of State engage in non-degree study and related professional experiences at 18 American universities. Each year approximately 200 Fellows funded by the U.S. Department of State engage in non-degree study and related professional experiences at 18 American universities.
What are Humphrey Fellows?
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of non-degree academic study and related professional experience in the United States in many fields. Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in the public or private sector.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must have the following:
- Equatoguinean citizenship and residency
- An undergraduate (first university or bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability as demonstrated with TOEFL
There are a limited number of opportunities for Long-Term English language training for those who lack the required English skills. Participants go to the U.S. for an intensive 20-25 week pre- academic program to improve their language skills before joining the Humphrey Program.
Agricultural and Rural Development
Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
Finance and Banking
Higher Education Administration
HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
Human Resource Management
Law and Human Rights
Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
Public Health Policy and Management
Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
Technology Policy and Management
Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
Urban and Regional Planning
How to Apply
Applicants are nominated through the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy by Humphrey Selection Committee. The final selection will be made by reviewing panels in Washington. To apply you must submit the following:
- Completed application form submitted by August 09, 2019.
- Two confidential letters of reference, including one from your employer
- Certified copy of University transcripts and diploma with English translation
- Demonstration of English proficiency
How to apply: visit: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
Send your application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org